Bread & Bakes
- Category: Bread & Bakes
- Written by Chef Kosher
On my search for the perfect hamburger, I finally found the recipe for perfect hamburger buns.
- 1/2 oz. dry yeast
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbspns canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 cups white flour
- 1 tbspn salt
1. In a mixing bowl, mix yeast and 1 cup water. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
2. Add the rest of the water, egg yolks, oil and sugar. Mix.
3. While stirring, slowly add flour and salt. When dough forms knead for about 10 minutes until smooth and firm, adding flour as necessary.
4. Place dough in a clean bowel and allow to stand for 60-90 minutes, or until doubles in size.
5. Divide dough into 10 or 12 pieces and make into rolls. Place on a baking sheet and cover with a towel, letting rest for 45 more minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 390 F.
7. Take one egg, beat and brush buns. Sprinkle sesame seeds.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until nicely browned.