- Category: Dessert
- Written by Chef Kosher
The apple strudel (Apfelstrudel) is a traditional Viennese dessert enjoyed by many!
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 400F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Peel and core all the apples. Shred one and slice the rest. Place apples in a large bowl. Stir in brown sugar and golden raisins; set aside.
3. Place pastry on baking sheet. Lightly roll with a rolling pin, and arrange apple filling down the middle of the pastry lengthwise.
4. Fold the pastry lengthwise around the mixture. Seal edges of pastry.
5. Whisk egg and milk together, and brush onto top of pastry.
6. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown.