- Category: Dessert
- Written by chefoz
Baklava, Baklawa, any way you call it, is a wonderful, sticky, delicious, and special dessert!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 16 ounce phyllo dough
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Melt the butter over low heat. Pour 2 tablespoons of butter into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
3. Layer 3 sheets of the phyllo dough in the pan, trimming to fit. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of pecans over the phyllo dough. Layer 3 more sheets of dough, brush generously with the melted butter, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of pecans. Continue until pan is 3/4 full.
4. Use a sharp knife to cut phyllo dough to form diamonds. Pour remaining butter over the dough.
5. Bake until golden brown.
6. Meanwhile, combine sugar, water and cinnamon stick in a saucepan, and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add honey and simmer for 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and discard cinnamon stick.
7. Pour honey mixture over hot baklava. Let cool on wire racks. Cut into diamonds.