- Category: Fish
- Written by Chef Kosher
A great appetizer for a dinner or cocktail party.
for 15 cakes
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 ounces smoked salmon, trimmings plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus extra
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons flour or gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- oil - for frying
1. Mix pepper with flour and set aside.
2. Microwave potatoes on high for 10 mins until tender. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Scoop the potato out of its skin into a bowl, then mash and cool. Season with olive oil, lemon zest and juice to taste, then mix in the egg, salmon trimmings and parsley.
3. Shape into small rounds 1 1/4 inches 1/2 inch deep. Chill for 15 minutes.
4. Dust each cake with the peppered flour, then fry over low heat in a little oil for 2-3 mins on each side. Drain on kitchen paper and serve garnished with extra salmon and parsley.
photo by: fotoosVanRobin